Good-Better-Best: Making The Transition

 

I have good news and bad news…..

Unfortunately, there are really no perfect foods any more and therefore no perfect diet.  Today, our soil is not perfect, the rain is not perfect, the seed is not perfect and so on; conditions just are not perfect to provide for perfect food.

There is lots of talk about what the perfect diet consists of, yet no one has been able to definitively discern exactly what that would look like.

This is good news and bad news.

The Bad News:

Our diet will never be perfect as long as we live in this imperfect world!

The Good News:

You can still be radiantly healthy.  And you don’t have to get all strung out over achieving perfection in your diet, because you simply can’t.  At times in my life I threw in the towel because, just as I thought I was getting it together and figuring out how I “should” be eating, some new expert came along and told me I needed to do something different.

It was like chasing a moving target

Which can be very discouraging!

I have met countless people who, when embarking on a raw diet, became so intense that they made themselves (and sometimes the people around them) a nervous wreck trying to be perfect.

The Truth:

The truth is that for anyone eating the S.A.D. – Standard American Diet, any change would be a big help and a beginning of moving in the right direction.  And for those that eat relatively healthy, you will find that there are some basic principles to know, and then you will need to decide what you will and will not eat; and this may change from time to time.  That doesn’t mean that you have to throw in the towel.

Being relaxed and at peace is part of vibrant health, and abundant living.

Food should be a delicious part of your life, and should not be viewed as the enemy!

So, let’s explore the idea of Good-Better-Best (but not perfect)

Through out this year, I will be sharing lots of information with you, so that we can move, together, toward renewed health.  Remember, this is a process.  Don’t try to do it all at once. (Unless you are very sick, then you may want to make some bigger changes, more quickly)

Motivation gives us that great kick start, but it is in forming new habits that we change our lives!!

:) So the goal is to learn to make better choices and develop lifelong habits for vibrant and abundant health. :)

My belief is that excellent health can only be achieved by moving toward a diet of more whole, raw and living foods and moving away from the foods that cause toxicity in our bodies.

We must stop poisoning our bodies and start nourishing them.

If you have not done so already, please read the following Praxis Posts:

What Are Whole Foods?

Raw and Living Foods

Deficiency, Toxicity, and Weight Loss

The Harmful Effects of Refined Sugars and Refined Flour

Please take time right now to read these Praxis Posts. Then come on back here and finish reading this post.

Check out our Recipe Section for fabulously delicious, alternative choices for sugary sweets.

 

I have shared that my overall goal is to move to a place where my diet consists of 80%-85% Living and Raw Foods, with the remaining 15%-20% being comprised of mostly Whole and Healthful Foods, snacks and deserts.

 

This is a fluctuating transitional process, not an exact science.  I know this may make some people nervous, because we have become accustomed to people telling us exactly what we need to eat. (This is especially true if you have a pattern of trying one diet after another.)

What we need to do is learn, create new habits and make good choices for ourselves!

 

You are learning just by reading this post and taking part in this journey.

You will create new habits by implementing what you learn.

By taking these steps you will begin to make good choices leading to your transition to a whole and living foods lifestyle (to whatever degree you choose)

Remember: Excellent health can only be achieved by moving toward a diet of more whole, raw and living foods and moving away from the foods that cause toxicity in our bodies.

We must stop poisoning our bodies and start nourishing them.

Return to Articles 

 

Be Sociable, Share!